Please carefully read these conditions, as they form the basis for Grand Prix Travel® accepting all reservations.
Jump directly to:
- Grand Prix Travel® packages are limited and subject to availability.
- All prices are in Australian dollars and include Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST) calculated at the current rate of 10% (subject to change).
- Please check the spelling of names to ensure they match the individual’s passport, driver's licence or photo identification.
- In relation to all bookings where more than one passenger is travelling, the person making the booking on behalf of his/her travelling companions will be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all of his/her travelling companions.
- The 2019 Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix is scheduled for 25-27 October, 2019.
- Meals are not included unless indicated otherwise.
- Unless indicated otherwise, hotel package prices are based on up to two persons sharing (double/twin), family room and two-bedroom package prices are based on three (triple) or four (quad) persons sharing. Additional charges apply to single room accommodation, extra persons and extra nights.
- The rating of accommodation is based on various factors which are generally accepted as indicative of a certain class, however, Grand Prix Travel® (GPT) does not guarantee the standard, class, or fitness for purpose of that accommodation or service. A guide to hotel categories:
- Budget: basic accommodation with limited range of facilities.
- Standard: comfortable accommodation, good range of facilities and furnishings.
- Superior: well-appointed accommodation, high standard of facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- First Class: high standard of accommodation, extensive facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- Deluxe: luxury accommodation, exceptional standard of facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- Check-in time at most hotels is 2:00pm, rooms may not be ready to check-in if you arrive before this time. If you need to check into your room straight away, you can pay an extra night’s room rate and book your rooms for the night before you arrive. Check-out time at hotels is usually 10:00am however, this does vary. Rooms still occupied after the hotels check-out time may incur additional charges which can be confirmed upon request.
- Accommodation descriptions, facilities and distances have been provided by the individual hotels and are subject to change without notice. Hotel photographs are representative only and actual rooms may vary from those shown.
- A limit of one ticket per person can be booked in conjunction with an accommodation and transfer package. Grand Prix Travel® does not sell ticket only.
- Riders United Membership is only available for 3-day or 3-corner grandstand tickets if purchased by 7 June 2019, 11.59pm AEST.
- Kickstarter General Admission packages contain early bird pricing, available for a limited time only.
- Purchase of tickets and entry to and presence at the Event is subject to published Attendance Conditions, the Australian Grands Prix Act 1994 (Vic), the Major Events (Crowd Management) Act 2003 (Vic) and all applicable regulations made under those Acts. If you have not received these conditions, please contact the Grand Prix Travel® team to request a copy.
Payment and Cancellation
If payments are not received, reservations will be automatically re-allocated without notice. Full payment is required at the time of booking. To receive Riders United benefits, payment must be received by 7 June 2019. All cancellations must be received in writing. Following full payment, entry tickets are non-refundable and the ticket component of the package price per person will be forfeited. Cancellations received on/before 5 September 2019 will also incur a cancellation fee equal to fifty percent (50%) of the accommodation and transfer components of the package price per person. Cancellations (including no-shows) from 6 September 2019 forward, will incur a cancellation fee equal to one hundred per cent (100%) of the total package price per person. Amounts received may be set off to fulfil payment of these cancellation fees.
Methods of Payment
All prices are valid for payments made using direct deposit. Payments must be made in Australian dollars; payment in any other currency will not be accepted. For online bookings made within Australia, Grand Prix Travel® accepts payment by credit card or BPAY. For online bookings made outside of Australia, Grand Prix Travel® accepts credit card only.
Credit Card: Grand Prix Travel® accepts Visa/MasterCard and American Express. Credit Card processing fees apply to each payment as follows: Visa/MasterCard 1.35% of the amount payable, American Express 2.35% of the amount payable. The fee will be added to the amount due detailed on your booking acknowledgement. Should you choose to pay via credit card you will be required to return a signed Payment Form authorising GPT to charge your nominated credit card.
Please note: The credit card used to pay for the booking must belong to the person in whose name the booking is held, the cardholder must also be attending the event. For security purposes and in the situation where this does not occur, Grand Prix Travel® will require a clear copy of either the cardholder’s drivers licence or passport as proof of identity. The cardholder will also need to complete and return a Payment Form authorising GPT to charge the nominated credit card.
BPAY: A fee of AU$1.15 applies. If you selected BPAY as your preferred method of payment, details of the Grand Prix Travel® Biller Code and individual BPAY payment reference number will appear on your invoice. Payment must be received within 24 hours, otherwise your booking will auto-cancel.
Due to an increase in fraudulent activity, please note the following:
- Requests for the credit of overpayments via BPAY will take up to 30 business days and will not be processed until the recipient has been adequately identified.
- Requests for a refund to be credited to a bank account, other than that used for the payment in question, will require a Statutory Declaration.
Postage and Handling
Postage and handling is included. For Australian residents, documentation will be delivered by Australia Post eParcel. Unless alternative arrangements are confirmed, documents will be sent in order of booking receipt in September 2019. For international visitors and for all bookings received from 4 October 2019, documentation will be available for collection at the hotel upon check in.
Australia Post eParcel is a fully trackable service and requires a signature upon delivery at the nominated address. Should you not be at the address when the eParcel arrives, it will be redirected to the nearest Post Office for collection. If you wish to receive text messages from Australia Post as to the status of your eParcel delivery, Grand Prix Travel® can provide your mobile number to Australia Post for tracking purposes only.
Travel Insurance is recommended to cover you against loss of deposit or final monies paid, because of unavoidable cancellation due to illness or other causes, personal baggage loss, medical expenses etc. Please contact Grand Prix Travel® team for further information and refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for conditions and exclusions.
General Travel Group Pty Ltd, trades under licence from the Australian Grand Prix Corporation as Grand Prix Travel® (GPT). All Grand Prix Travel clients are protected under Australian Consumer Law; for further details visit https://www.accc.gov.au/publications/travel-accommodation-an-industry-guide-to-the-australian-consumer-law
These Booking Terms and Conditions (effective January 2019) supersede any previous version published by Grand Prix Travel®. In making this booking and/or amendments thereto, I agree to be bound by the Booking Terms and Conditions. Any prior arrangements, agreements, representations or undertakings are superseded.
Law of Contract
These Booking Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and any action arising under them or in any way connected with the travel arrangements may be bought only in a court in Victoria, subject to any law which is expressly inconsistent with this.
GPT Conditions of Responsibility
Grand Prix Travel® a division of General Travel Group Pty Ltd ABN 85 003 133 551 (“GPT”) and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies do not accept any liability to the extent permitted by law of whatever nature for the act, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of any third party suppliers such as airlines, coach operators, shipping companies, hoteliers or other persons providing services in connection with your package over which we have no control.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies gives notice that should any damage be caused by the passenger to the property, contents or grounds of the hotel accommodation, or to the property of a third party supplier in carrying out the arrangements of the tours, the costs of repairing any damage caused by the passenger will be the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid to GPT forthwith by the passenger.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies does not accept liability in contract or in tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by a failure to perform or delay in performing where the failure or delay is beyond our control.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies reserve the right to cancel or change any accommodation package or service without notice at any time. In the event of cancellation or change, GPT will offer alternative arrangements if any are available or, if alternatives are not available or are reasonably acceptable to you, it will refund that part of any money paid which relates to the accommodation package or service that has been cancelled or changed.
These Conditions of Responsibility do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these Conditions of Responsibility to be void. GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies exclude all implied conditions and warranties except any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which would contravene any statutory provision or cause any part of these Conditions of Responsibility to be void.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies gives notice that if passengers are attending an event that the event tickets will be subject to Attendance Conditions. These conditions are available by contacting GPT, Level 7, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004. Tel: (03) 9676 2144 Fax: (03) 9867 4438 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies liability is limited, where it is liable, to refunding the price of the service or product.