Please carefully read these conditions, as they form the basis for Grand Prix Travel® accepting all reservations.
Jump directly to:
- All bookings are subject to availability at the time of request, to be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- All prices are in Australian dollars and include Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST) calculated at the current rate of 10% (subject to change).
- Please check the spelling of names to ensure they match the individual’s passport, driver's licence or photo identification.
- In relation to all bookings where more than one passenger is travelling, the person making the booking on behalf of his/her travelling companions will be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all of his/her travelling companions.
- Kickstarter General Admission pricing is available for a limited time only.
- Riders United grandstand prices and benefits are valid for a limited time only. Benefits apply to 3-day and 3 corner grandstands only.
Attendance Conditions, Conditions of Entry to campgrounds
- Purchase of tickets and your entry to and presence at the Event is subject to Attendance Conditions , the Australian Grands Prix Act 1994 (Vic), the Major Events (Crowd Management) Act 2003 (Vic) and all applicable regulations made under those Acts. Entry to the campgrounds is subject to the Campgrounds Conditions of Entry.
- All tickets are non-refundable & non-transferable. Patrons are encouraged to read the Attendance Conditions and Campgrounds Conditions of Entry prior to purchase. Copies of all Conditions may be obtained from: Grand Prix Travel®, Level 7, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne VIC 3004 or at www.motogp.com.au.
- Access to the campgrounds during the Event is subject to the display of a colour coded non-transferable wristband. Your campground wristband will allow you access to your chosen campground only.
- A campground ticket only does not allow entry into the circuit and a circuit entry ticket only does not allow entry into any campground.
- Note that a valid circuit entry ticket must be provided as a requirement each time you wish to enter the circuit.
- Specific sites cannot be reserved and are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- A limited number of campground upgrades are available in Highside and Trackside campgrounds. Powered Site (Highside and Trackside) and Premium Site (Trackside)
- Tents brought into and used in the campgrounds must meet the following conditions:
- no tents may be erected which require occupancy permits;
- no tents may be erected prior to campground opening times;
- Tents must not exceed an area of 1 person per 6 square metres.
- Please also be aware of the restrictions imposed on the use of barbeques, campfires, generators and gas bottles in the circuit campgrounds.
CAMPGROUND CONCESSION AND CHILD PRICING
- Concession campground pricing is not available. Up to 4 children under 14 years of age will be permitted free entry into the campgrounds, when accompanied by a paying adult. Child access to the campgrounds is subject to the display of a wristband, which must be collected from the Campgrounds Ticket Office on arrival at the circuit, prior to entering the campgrounds. Please note that charges apply to the use of pre-pitched tents and both premium and powered site upgrades, regardless of age.
Campground car park passes
- Due to vehicle capacity pressures, car park passes for the Highside and Highside Family Friendly campgrounds will be limited to one pass per four people in your booking. Car park passes will be automatically allocated at the time of booking, and included in your campground documentation pack with your wristbands.
- You are required to affix the campground car park pass to the bottom left of your windshield prior to arriving at the circuit. If you are collecting your campground documentation from the Campgrounds Ticket Office, the car park pass will need to be secured to your car as soon as you collect it. No Vehicles will be admitted entry into the grounds without their pass being affixed to the windshield of their vehicle.
- If you misplace your car park pass and need a replacement there will be a $50 lost pass fee, payable at the Campgrounds Ticket Office on arrival at the circuit. Your pass will not be able to be resent to you. Subject to campground capacity during the event, additional passes may be available at the circuit from the Campgrounds Ticket Office at a cost $50 per pass.
- Trackside campers will receive a separate pass for each motorcycle and car. Cars are provided a 30 minute period in Trackside to unload and load only. Outside this time they are required to be parked in a designated carpark outside of the campground. Motorcycles will be allowed parking within the Trackside campground. If a car occupies a powered site within Trackside Campground, it must remain parked in the site from arrival to post race. Carpooling is recommended, where possible. Patrons that contravene time limits, or park in incorrect areas may have their vehicles towed away.
- Concession prices apply to general admission tickets only. Available to holders of a Full Pensioner Concession Card, Full Time Student Card (including International), Health Care Card or Veterans Affairs Card.
- Concession prices also apply for children 15 - 17 years of age and up to 2 children 14 years and under can enter the circuit free of charge with every adult purchased (note that transaction fees may apply). The age of the child shall be determined as at the date the Ticket is presented for entry to the Event (not the date of purchase). Identification must be produced at time of purchase, and upon entry to the Circuit. Conditions apply.
- Family tickets only apply to general admission, and are valid for two adults and two children or one adult and three children aged 14 years and under. Conditions apply.
Payment and Cancellation
Full payment is required at time of booking, all campground and circuit entry tickets are 100% non-refundable.
Methods of Payment
For online bookings Grand Prix Travel® accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express only. Credit card fees of 1.35% for Visa/Mastercard and 2.35% for American Express apply and will be added to the booking total.
The credit card used to pay for the booking must belong to the person in whose name the booking is held, the cardholder must also be attending the event. For security purposes, and in the situation where this is not possible, Grand Prix Travel® will require a clear copy of either the cardholder’s drivers licence or passport as proof of identity. The cardholder will also be required to return a signed Payment Form.
Postage and Handling, Documentation
All bookings are subject to a Grand Prix Travel® postage and handling fee of $12.90 per booking including GST.
For Australian residents, campground documentation (including entry tickets if applicable) will be delivered by Australia Post Parcel Post in the month leading up to the event. Parcel Post is a fully trackable service and requires a signature upon delivery at your nominated address. Should you not be at the address when the parcel arrives, it will be redirected to your nearest Post Office for collection.
If you wish to receive messages from Australia Post as to the status of your delivery, Grand Prix Travel® can provide your email to Australia Post for tracking purposes only. You are able to select this service during the Check Out phase of your online booking.
For international visitors and all bookings received from Friday 2 October, documentation will be available for collection at the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit. Documentation may only be collected by the person who made the booking or a person whose name appears within the booking, you will be required to present your Booking Acknowledgement along with photo identification. Location details, dates and times for the collection of documentation will be communicated via email in early October.
Campgrounds Ticket Office
Located in the Visitor Centre Car Park, Visitor Centre Drive. Open from 7am Thursday until 12 noon Sunday.
Travel Insurance is recommended. Please contact us for policy details, and refer to the PDS for conditions and exclusions.
General Travel Group Pty Ltd, trades under licence from the Australian Grand Prix Corporation as Grand Prix Travel®. All Grand Prix Travel clients are protected under Australian Consumer Law; for further details visit the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission website.
These Booking Terms and Conditions (effective April 2020) supersede any previous version published by Grand Prix Travel®. In making this booking and/or amendments thereto, I agree to be bound by the Booking Terms and Conditions. Any prior arrangements, agreements, representations or undertakings are superseded.
Law of Contract
These Booking Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and any action arising under them or in any way connected with the travel arrangements may be bought only in a court in Victoria, subject to any law which is expressly inconsistent with this.
GPT Conditions of Responsibility
Grand Prix Travel® a division of General Travel Group Pty Ltd ABN 85 003 133 551 (“GPT”) and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies do not accept any liability to the extent permitted by law of whatever nature for the act, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of any third party suppliers such as airlines, coach operators, shipping companies, hoteliers or other persons providing services in connection with your package over which we have no control.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies gives notice that should any damage be caused by the passenger to the property, contents or grounds of the hotel accommodation, or to the property of a third party supplier in carrying out the arrangements of the tours, the costs of repairing any damage caused by the passenger will be the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid to GPT forthwith by the passenger.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies does not accept liability in contract or in tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by a failure to perform or delay in performing where the failure or delay is beyond our control.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies reserve the right to cancel or change any accommodation package or service without notice at any time. In the event of cancellation or change, GPT will offer alternative arrangements if any are available or, if alternatives are not available or are reasonably acceptable to you, it will refund that part of any money paid which relates to the accommodation package or service that has been cancelled or changed.
These Conditions of Responsibility do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these Conditions of Responsibility to be void. GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies exclude all implied conditions and warranties except any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which would contravene any statutory provision or cause any part of these Conditions of Responsibility to be void.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies gives notice that if passengers are attending an event that the event tickets will be subject to Attendance Conditions. These conditions are available by contacting GPT, Level 7, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004. Tel (03) 9676 2144 Fax: (03) 9867 4438 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies liability is limited, where it is liable, to refunding the price of the service or product.