Thank you for booking with Grand Prix Travel® (GPT). Please carefully read these conditions as they form the basis for Grand Prix Travel® accepting your booking.
Jump directly to:
- Packages are limited and subject to availability.
- All prices are in Australian dollars, inclusive of the Australian Goods & Services Tax (GST) calculated at the current rate of 10% (subject to change).
- Please ensure the spelling of names matches the individual’s passport, driver's licence or photo identification.
- In relation to bookings where more than one passenger is travelling, the person making the reservation on behalf of his/her travelling companions will be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all of his/her travelling companions. The person making the booking agrees to comply with the booking conditions and agrees to ensure that any travelling companions will also comply.
- The FORMULA 1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2024 is scheduled for Thursday 21 March – Sunday 24 March 2024.
- Package prices are based on room only rates at each hotel i.e. meals are not included.
- Unless indicated otherwise, hotel, studio and one bedroom rates are based on either one (single) or two (double/twin) persons sharing existing bedding and two bedroom rates are based on either three (triple) or four (quad) persons sharing existing bedding. Additional rates apply to extra persons and extra beds.
- Supplements apply to extra nights booked outside the package.
- As a guide, check-in time at most hotels is 2:00pm, rooms may not be ready to check-in if you arrive before this time. If you need to check into your room straight away, you can pay an extra night’s room rate and book your room for the night before you arrive. Check-out time at hotels is usually 10:00am however, this does vary. Rooms still occupied after the hotels check-out time may incur additional charges that can be confirmed upon request.
- A three night minimum length of stay applies at Crown Towers, Crown Metropol, Crown Promenade and Rydges Melbourne, which must include Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
- A four night minimum length of stay applies at Travelodge Docklands, Oaks on Market, Oaks on William and Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne on Flinders, which must include Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
- The rating of accommodation is based on various factors that are generally accepted as indicative of a certain class however, we do not guarantee the accommodations standard, class, or fitness for purpose. A basic guide to hotel categories:
- Budget: basic accommodation with limited range of facilities.
- Standard: comfortable accommodation, good range of facilities and furnishings.
- Superior: well-appointed accommodation, high standard of facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- First Class: high standard of accommodation, extensive facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- Deluxe: luxury accommodation, exceptional standard of facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- Distances from accommodation to various locations have been provided as a guide only.
- Accommodation descriptions, facilities and distances have been provided by the individual hotels and are subject to change without notice. Hotel photographs are representative only and actual rooms may vary from those shown.
Ticket (where applicable)
- You are reminded that motor racing, the Formula One event (as defined in the Australian Grands Prix Act 1994 Vic) to be held in 2024 and certain activities associated therewith (including without limitation support events) are dangerous and accidents can happen. Your entry to and presence at the Event is subject to the Attendance Conditions, the Act and all applicable regulations made under the Act.
- These conditions are also published at www.grandprix.com.au and displayed at entrances to the Event. By proceeding with the purchase of a package to the FORMULA 1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2024 you agree you are bound by these important terms and conditions. If you have not received these terms and conditions, please contact the Grand Prix Travel® team to request a copy.
- 4 Day grandstand packages include a reserved grandstand seat Friday - Sunday and roaming general admission (non-reserved grandstand) on Thursday.
- Park Pass General Admission tickets do not include a reserved seat.
- Junior tickets are available in all grandstands. These prices apply to children, who as of Thursday of the event are under fourteen (14) years of age. Infants less than two (2) years of age are permitted to enter the grandstand free of charge as long as they do not take up a dedicated seat. If you require a seat for your infant you are required to purchase a ticket for the seat they will occupy. Children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- You are not permitted to re-sell any tickets or use any tickets for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes without the prior written consent of the Australian Grand Prix Corporation. If the ticket is sold or used in contravention of this requirement, the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission to the circuit.
- Event conditions subject to final Formula One Management Limited, Federation Internationale de l'Automobile and Victorian Government approval.
Terms of Payment
All bookings require full payment at the time of booking. If payments are not received by the due date, reservations may be automatically cancelled without notice. All payments made are non-refundable.
Methods of Payment
All payments must be made in Australian Dollars; payment in any other currency will not be accepted. For bookings made within Australia, Grand Prix Travel® accepts payment by direct deposit, credit card/debit card or BPAY. For bookings made outside of Australia, Grand Prix Travel® accepts credit card only. Prices are valid for payments made by direct deposit.
- Credit Card/Debit Card: GPT accepts credit card/debit card payments subject to following fees: Visa/MasterCard 1.32% of the amount payable, American Express 2% of the amount payable. This fee will be added to the amount due as detailed on your invoice. The American Express fee is non-refundable except where you are entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law.
- The credit card/debit card used to pay for a booking must belong to the person in whose name the booking is held, the cardholder must also be attending the event. For security purposes, in the situation where this is not possible GPT will require a clear copy of either the cardholder’s driver’s licence or passport for proof of identity. The cardholder will also be required to complete and return a signed credit card form authorising GPT to charge the nominated card and return this form direct to GPT.
- Please note: Grand Prix Travel® does not accept payments via Virtual Credit Cards.
- BPAY: A fee of AU$1.15 applies. Details of the GPT Biller Code and individual BPAY payment reference number will appear on your invoice.
- Direct Deposit: Bank account details will be listed on your invoice. GPT is not liable for remitting bank fees, please make any arrangements necessary to cover such fees.
- Due to an increase in fraudulent activity, please note the following:
- Requests for the refund of overpayments via BPAY and Direct Deposit will take up to 30 business days. Requests will not be processed until the recipient has been adequately identified.
- Requests for a refund to be credited to a bank account, other than that used for the payment in question, will require a Statutory Declaration.
Responsibility for Payment
The person making the booking is responsible and liable for payment for his/her booking and the bookings of any travelling companions. A third party may make payment on behalf of the person making the booking however, the Agreement remains with the person making the booking regardless of who has made payment.
All cancellations (including no-shows) will incur a cancellation fee equal to 100%. Comprehensive Travel Insurance is strongly recommended.
Final information regarding your Grand Prix Travel® package, including ticketing fulfilment (where applicable) and any relevant event information will be communicated in the lead up to the FORMULA 1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2024. Unless indicated otherwise, event tickets will be digital.
General Travel Group Pty Ltd trades under licence from the Australian Grand Prix Corporation as Grand Prix Travel®. All GPT clients are protected under Australian Consumer Law; for further details visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If the failure does not amount to a major failure you are entitled to have problems with the service rectified in a reasonable time and, if this is not done, to cancel your contract and obtain a refund for the unused portion of the contract.
These Booking Terms and Conditions (effective August 2023) supersede any previous version published by Grand Prix Travel®. In making this booking and/or amendments thereto, you agree to be bound by these Booking Terms and Conditions and take responsibility for ensuring that all travelling companions also comply. The booking Agreement is between GPT and the person making the booking. Any prior arrangements, agreements, representations or undertakings are superseded.
Law of Contract
These Booking Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and any action arising under them or in any way connected with the travel arrangements may be bought only in a court in Victoria, subject to any law which is expressly inconsistent with this.
Conditions of Responsibility
Grand Prix Travel® a division of General Travel Group Pty Ltd ABN 85 003 133 551 (GPT) give their notice that all final travel documentation, tickets and coupons issued by them, or on their behalf, and all arrangements for hotel accommodation, functions, entry tickets, transport and conveyance are made by them as agents or operators upon the express conditions that they are not liable for any personal injury, death, damage, loss, accident, delay or sickness in carrying out the arrangements of the tour(s), or through the acts or defaults of any passenger or otherwise in connection with any of the hotels or proprietor or servant for any failures on the part of the hotel or provider or servant, to the extent permitted by law.
GPT does not accept any liability to the extent permitted by law of whatever nature for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of any third party suppliers including, but not limited to, airlines, coach operators, shipping companies, hoteliers or other persons providing services in connection with your package over which we have no control.
GPT accepts no responsibility for loss or additional expenses that may be incurred for any delays or changes in transportation, or any other services due to weather, strikes, pandemics, lockouts, war, terrorism, earthquake, floods, volcanic eruption, or any other causes. Should there be any disruptions or delays it will be the responsibility of the passenger to contact GPT.
GPT reserves the right to cancel or change any accommodation package or service without notice at any time. In the event of cancellation or change, GPT will offer alternative arrangements if any are available or, if alternatives are not available, it will refund that part of any money paid which relates to the accommodation package or service that has been cancelled or changed.
GPT gives notice that should any damage be caused by a passenger to the property, contents or grounds of the hotel accommodation, or to the property of a third party supplier, in carrying out the arrangements of the tours, the cost of repairing any damage caused by the passenger will be the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid by the passenger to the hotel and/or third party supplier forthwith.
GPT gives notice that the passenger shall at all times be liable, without limitation, for any statement or conduct that (in GPT’s absolute discretion) is defamatory, racist, disorderly, offensive, likely to cause or stir any threatening behaviour or may bring GPT and/or the name, GPT into disrepute.
These Conditions of Responsibility do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these Conditions of Responsibility to be void. GPT companies exclude all implied conditions and warranties except any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which would contravene any statutory provision or cause any part of these Conditions of Responsibility to be void.
GPT gives notice that if passengers are attending an event that the event tickets will be subject to Attendance Conditions. These conditions are available by contacting GPT, Level 3/11 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004. Tel (03) 7036 1146 Email: email@example.com.
GPT’s liability is limited, where it is liable, to refunding the price of the service or product.