Grand Prix Travel® Booking Conditions. Please carefully read these conditions, as they form the basis for Grand Prix Travel® accepting all reservations.
Jump directly to:
- The Formula 1® Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2019 is scheduled for Thursday 14 – Sunday 17 March 2019.
- All prices are in Australian dollars and include the Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST) calculated at the current rate of 10% (subject to change).
- On all bookings where more than one passenger is travelling, the person making the reservation on behalf of his/her travelling companions will be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all of his/her travelling companions.
- When entering names on this website, please ensure the spelling of names matches the traveller's passport, driver's license or photo identification.
- The scheduled start time for the Formula 1® Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2019 on Sunday is 4pm (subject to change).
- Access to the Weekend Preview is not provided in accommodation only packages or packages including a Sunday Only event ticket.
- Unless indicated otherwise a minimum two-night stay applies to all accommodation bookings, and including Friday and Saturday nights.
- Unless indicated otherwise, package prices are based on room only rates at each hotel i.e. meals are not included.
- Unless indicated otherwise, hotel, studio and one-bedroom prices are based on up to two persons sharing (double or twin), two-bedroom prices are based on three (triple) or four (quad) persons sharing. All prices are based on using existing bedding, additional charges apply for extra persons and extra beds.
- The rating of accommodation is based on various factors, which are generally accepted as indicative of a certain class; however, we do not guarantee the standard, class, or fitness for purpose of that accommodation or service. A guide to hotel categories:
- Budget: Basic accommodation with limited range of facilities.
- Standard: Comfortable accommodation, good range of facilities and furnishings.
- Superior: Well-appointed accommodation, high standard of facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- First Class: High standard of accommodation, extensive facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- Deluxe: Luxury accommodation, exceptional standard of facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- Distances from accommodation to various locations have been provided as a guide only.
- Accommodation descriptions and facilities have been provided by individual hotels and are subject to change without notice. Photographs are representative only and actual rooms may vary from those shown.
- Check-in time at most hotels is 2:00pm, rooms may not be ready prior to this time for immediate occupancy upon arrival. It is possible to ensure immediate availability by paying the extra days tariff, booking rooms for the night before arrival. Check-out time at most hotels is 10:00am however, this alters amongst the various properties, and the hotels will make every effort to accommodate departure requests. Rooms still occupied after the designated checkout time may incur additional charges at the discretion of the individual hotel.
- A limit of one ticket per person can be booked in conjunction with an accommodation package. Grand Prix Travel® does not sell ticket(s) only.
- GP Advantage membership is available to four-day grandstand or Three Champions grandstand package bookings received prior to the end of the membership period:
- GP Advantage Gold membership: 09.00am 19 June – 11.59pm 31 July 2018* (AEST)
- GP Advantage Silver membership: 00.00am 1 August – 11.59pm 30 November 2018* (AEDT)
- Child tickets are available in all grandstands. These prices apply to children, who as of Thursday of the event are between two and fourteen (2-14) years of age inclusive. Infants less than two (2) years of age are permitted to enter the grandstand free of charge as long as they do not take up a dedicated seat. If you require a seat for your infant you will be required to purchase a ticket for them for the seat they will occupy. Children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Purchase of tickets and entry to and presence at the Event is subject to published Attendance Conditions, the Australian Grands Prix Act 1994 (Vic), the Major Events (Crowd Management) Act 2003 (Vic) and all applicable regulations made under those Acts. We recommend you read this information prior to confirming your package.
Postage and Handling
- Postage and handling of your Formula 1® Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2019 ticket/s and documentation is included. For Australian residents, your documentation will be delivered by Australia Post eParcel. Unless alternative arrangements are confirmed, documents will be sent in order of booking receipt from late January 2019.
- Australia Post eParcel is a fully trackable service and requires a signature upon delivery at your nominated address. Should you not be at the address when the eParcel arrives, it will be redirected to your nearest Post Office for collection. If you wish to receive text messages from Australia Post as to the status of your eParcel delivery, Grand Prix Travel® can provide your mobile telephone number to Australia Post for tracking purposes only.
- For international visitors, documentation will be available for collection at your hotel upon check in.
Terms of Payment
If payments are not received by the due date, reservations will be automatically re-allocated without notice. For bookings made before Wednesday 7 November 2018, a non-refundable deposit payment of $250 per person is required. The balance of payment is required on/before Wednesday 14 November 2018. All bookings received from Thursday 8 November 2018 onwards require full payment at the time of booking.
All cancellations must be in writing. Following full payment and up to 31 January 2019 all packages cancelled will incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the accommodation package price per person. The ticket component of the packages is 100% non-refundable. From 1 February 2019 forward, all packages cancelled (including no shows) will incur a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total package price per person.
Methods of Payment
All payments must be made in Australian Dollars, payment in any other currency will not be accepted.
For Australian residents, Grand Prix Travel® accepts payment by credit card or BPAY. For all bookings made outside of Australia, Grand Prix Travel® accepts credit card only.
BPAY: A fee of AU$1.15 per booking applies to BPAY payments. If you select BPAY as your preferred method of payment, once your booking has been completed you will receive an email from Grand Prix Travel® with details of the Grand Prix Travel® Biller Code and your individual BPAY payment reference number. Payment via BPAY must be received within 24 hours of making your reservation otherwise your booking will auto-cancel.
Credit Card: Grand Prix Travel® accepts Visa/MasterCard and American Express. Credit Card processing fees apply to each payment as follows: Visa/MasterCard 1.35% of the amount payable and American Express 2.35% of the amount payable. The credit card used to pay for the booking must belong to the person in whose name the booking is held, the cardholder must also be attending the event. For security purposes, and in the situation where this is not possible, Grand Prix Travel® will require a clear copy of either the cardholder's drivers licence or passport as proof of identity. The cardholder will also be required to return a signed Payment Form authorising Grand Prix Travel® to charge the nominated credit card.
Due to an increase in fraudulent activity, please note the following:
- Requests for the credit of overpayments via BPAY will take up to 30 business days and will not be processed until the recipient has been adequately identified.
- Requests for a refund to be credited to a bank account, other than that used for the payment in question, will require a Statutory Declaration.
Travel Insurance is recommended to cover you against loss of deposit or final monies paid, because of unavoidable cancellation due to illness or other causes, personal baggage loss, medical expenses etc. Please contact Grand Prix Travel® team for policy details, and refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for conditions and exclusions.
General Travel Group Pty Ltd, trades under licence from the Australian Grand Prix Corporation as Grand Prix Travel® (GPT). All Grand Prix Travel® clients are protected under Australian Consumer Law; for further details visit the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission website.
These Booking Terms and Conditions (effective October 2018) supersede any previous version published by Grand Prix Travel®. In making this booking and/or amendments thereto, I agree to be bound by the Booking Terms and Conditions. Any prior arrangements, agreements, representations or undertakings are superseded.
Law of Contract
These Booking Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and any action arising under them or in any way connected with the travel arrangements may be bought only in a court in Victoria, subject to any law which is expressly inconsistent with this.
Conditions of Responsibility
Grand Prix Travel® a division of General Travel Group Pty Ltd ABN 85 003 133 551 ("GPT") and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies do not accept any liability to the extent permitted by law of whatever nature for the act, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of any third party suppliers such as airlines, coach operators, shipping companies, hoteliers or other persons providing services in connection with your package over which we have no control.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies gives notice that should any damage be caused by the passenger to the property, contents or grounds of the hotel accommodation, or to the property of a third party supplier in carrying out the arrangements of the tours, the costs of repairing any damage caused by the passenger will be the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid to GPT forthwith by the passenger.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies does not accept liability in contract or in tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by a failure to perform or delay in performing where the failure or delay is beyond our control.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies reserve the right to cancel or change any accommodation package or service without notice at any time. In the event of cancellation or change, GPT will offer alternative arrangements if any are available or, if alternatives are not available or are reasonably acceptable to you, it will refund that part of any money paid which relates to the accommodation package or service that has been cancelled or changed.
These Conditions of Responsibility do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these Conditions of Responsibility to be void. GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies exclude all implied conditions and warranties except any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which would contravene any statutory provision or cause any part of these Conditions of Responsibility to be void. GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies gives notice that if passengers are attending an event that the event tickets will be subject to Attendance Conditions. These conditions are available by contacting GPT, Level 7, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004. Tel (03) 9676 2144 Fax: (03) 9867 4438 Email: email@example.com
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies liability is limited, where it is liable, to refunding the price of the service or product.