Please carefully read these conditions, as they form the basis for Grand Prix Travel® (GPT) accepting all reservations.
- Grand Prix Travel® packages are limited and subject to availability.
- All prices are in Australian dollars and include Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST) calculated at the current rate of 10% (subject to change).
- Please check the spelling of names to ensure they match the individual’s passport, driver's licence or photo identification.
- In relation to all bookings where more than one passenger is travelling, the person making the booking on behalf of his/her travelling companions will be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all of his/her travelling companions.
- The Michelin® Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix 2018 is scheduled for 26-28 October, 2018.
- A minimum two-night stay (Friday and Saturday inclusive) applies to all packages.
- Meals are not included unless indicated otherwise.
- Rates for hotel package prices are based on up to two persons sharing existing bedding (double/twin) unless indicated otherwise. Rates for two-bedroom apartments are based on three (triple) or four (quad) persons sharing existing bedding unless indicated otherwise. Additional charges apply to single room accommodation, extra persons and extra beds.
- The rating of accommodation is based on various factors which are generally accepted as indicative of a certain class, however, Grand Prix Travel® (GPT) does not guarantee the standard, class, or fitness for purpose of that accommodation or service. A guide to hotel categories:
- Budget: Basic accommodation with limited range of facilities.
- Standard: Comfortable accommodation, good range of facilities and furnishings.
- Superior: Well appointed accommodation, high standard of facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- First Class: High standard of accommodation, extensive facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- Deluxe: Luxury accommodation, exceptional standard of facilities, room amenities and guest services.
- Check-in time at most hotels is 2:00pm; rooms may not be ready prior to this time for immediate occupancy upon arrival. It is possible to ensure immediate availability by paying the extra day’s tariff and booking rooms for the night before arrival. Check-out time is usually 10:00am, and properties will store baggage for visitors attending the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix who are departing the same evening. In this instance, checkout will need to be finalised prior to departing for Phillip Island.
- Accommodation descriptions, facilities and distances have been provided by the individual hotels and are subject to change without notice. Hotel photographs are representative only and actual rooms may vary from those shown.
- Riders United Membership is only available for 3-day or 3-corner grandstand tickets if purchased by 10 May 2018, 11.59pm AEST or once it has reached 3600 Riders United Members, whichever earlier.
- Kickstarter general admission packages contain early bird pricing and are available for a limited time only.
- A limit of one ticket per person can be booked in conjunction with an accommodation and transfer package. Grand Prix Travel® does not sell ticket only.
- Purchase of tickets and entry to and presence at the Event is subject to published Attendance Conditions, the Australian Grands Prix Act 1994 (Vic), the Major Events (Crowd Management) Act 2003 (Vic) and all applicable regulations made under those Acts. If you have not received these conditions, please contact the Grand Prix Travel® team to request a copy.
Payment and Cancellation
Bookings received up to 27 September 2018 require full payment within seven (7) days. Bookings from 28 September require full payment at the time of booking. If payments are not received, reservations will be automatically re-allocated without notice. To receive Riders United benefits, payment must be received by 10 May 2018.
All cancellations must be received in writing. Following full payment, entry tickets are non-refundable and the ticket component of the package price per person will be forfeited. Cancellations received on/before 6 September 2018 will also incur a cancellation fee equal to fifty percent (50%) of the accommodation and transfer components of the package price per person. Cancellations (including no-shows) from 7 September 2018 forward, will incur a cancellation fee equal to one hundred per cent (100%) of the total package price per person. Amounts received may be set off to fulfil payment of these cancellation fees.
Methods of Payment
All prices are valid for payments made using direct deposit. Payments must be made in Australian dollars; payment in any other currency will not be accepted. For bookings made within Australia, Grand Prix Travel® accepts payment by direct deposit, credit card or BPAY. For bookings made outside of Australia, Grand Prix Travel® accepts credit card only.
Direct Deposit: Please refer to the Payment Form for Grand Prix Travel® bank account details. When making a bank transfer please note, GPT is not liable for remitting bank fees; all necessary arrangements to cover such fees must be made by the transferor at the time of making the bank transfer.
Credit Card: Grand Prix Travel® accepts Visa/MasterCard and American Express. Credit Card processing fees apply to each payment as follows: Visa/MasterCard 1.35% of the amount payable, American Express 2.35% of the amount payable. The fee will be added to the amount due detailed on your invoice. Should you choose to pay via credit card you will be required to return a signed Payment Form authorising GPT to charge your nominated credit card.
Please note: The credit card used to pay for the booking must belong to the person in whose name the booking is held, the cardholder must also be attending the event. For security purposes and in the situation where this is not possible does not occur, Grand Prix Travel® will require a clear copy of either the cardholder’s drivers licence or passport as proof of identity. The cardholder will also need to complete and return a Payment Form.
BPAY: A fee of AU$1.15 applies. If you selected BPAY as your preferred method of payment, details of the Grand Prix Travel® Biller Code and individual BPAY payment reference number will appear on your invoice.
Postage and Handling
All bookings are subject to a Grand Prix Travel® postage and handling fee of $12.90 per booking including GST. For bookings received from 5 October 2018, documentation will be available for collection at your hotel upon check in. Details relating to your final documentation will be communicated via email.
Travel Insurance is recommended to cover you against loss of deposit or final monies paid, because of unavoidable cancellation due to illness or other causes, personal baggage loss, medical expenses etc. Please contact Grand Prix Travel® team for further information.
General Travel Group Pty Ltd, trades under licence from the Australian Grand Prix Corporation as Grand Prix Travel® (GPT). All Grand Prix Travel clients are protected under Australian Consumer Law; for further details visit the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission website.
These Booking Terms and Conditions (effective January 2018) supersede any previous version published by Grand Prix Travel®. In making this booking and/or amendments thereto, I agree to be bound by the Booking Terms and Conditions. Any prior arrangements, agreements, representations or undertakings are superseded.
Law of Contract
These Booking Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and any action arising under them or in any way connected with the travel arrangements may be bought only in a court in Victoria, subject to any law which is expressly inconsistent with this.
GPT Conditions of Responsibility
Grand Prix Travel® a division of General Travel Group Pty Ltd ABN 85 003 133 551 (“GPT”) and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies do not accept any liability to the extent permitted by law of whatever nature for the act, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of any third party suppliers such as airlines, coach operators, shipping companies, hoteliers or other persons providing services in connection with your package over which we have no control.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies gives notice that should any damage be caused by the passenger to the property, contents or grounds of the hotel accommodation, or to the property of a third party supplier in carrying out the arrangements of the tours, the costs of repairing any damage caused by the passenger will be the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid to GPT forthwith by the passenger.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies does not accept liability in contract or in tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by a failure to perform or delay in performing where the failure or delay is beyond our control.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies reserve the right to cancel or change any accommodation package or service without notice at any time. In the event of cancellation or change, GPT will offer alternative arrangements if any are available or, if alternatives are not available or are reasonably acceptable to you, it will refund that part of any money paid which relates to the accommodation package or service that has been cancelled or changed.
These Conditions of Responsibility do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these Conditions of Responsibility to be void. GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies exclude all implied conditions and warranties except any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which would contravene any statutory provision or cause any part of these Conditions of Responsibility to be void.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies gives notice that if passengers are attending an event that the event tickets will be subject to Attendance Conditions. These conditions are available by contacting GPT, Level 7, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004. Tel: (03) 9676 2144 Fax: (03) 9867 4438 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GPT and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies liability is limited, where it is liable, to refunding the price of the service or product.